Mystery Lane

Mystery Lane

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hello World

I think my last few posts have been kind of downers.  Truly downers.  I’ve actually had friends tell me I’ve made them cry.  I guess that’s a good thing in a way.  It means I have people out there crying with me and that is oddly comforting to me.  I’ve no doubt had some bad days lately, but like every bad part of life you move through it.  The thing about going through the bad times is that I get so caught up I forget to look around me and see the two most important reasons for getting over those bad times  – my boys, Jackson and Kevin. 
The other day as I watching Ellen (yes I love Ellen and watch her every day, she makes me laugh and cry almost every day with her kindness) one of my favorite bands was on, Lady Antebellum.  They were singing one of their songs called Hello World.  I hadn’t heard it before and it was beautiful (listen to it if you can).  I got on ITunes later that day and downloaded it.  After listening to the lyrics it reminded me of what is important.  I thought I would share them in my blog today since they kind of represent how I feel right now in my life.  So here you go, oh and by the way, HELLO WORLD!
Well, hello world, how've you been?
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel as cold as steel
And broken like I'm never gonna heal
I see a light, little grace, little faith unfurl
Well, hello world

Sometimes I forget what living's for
And I hear my life through my front door
And I'll be there, oh, I'm home again

Oh, the empty disappears
I remember why I'm here
To surrender and believe
I fall down on my knees
Oh hello world, hello world, hello world

No comments:

Post a Comment