Mystery Lane

Mystery Lane

Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School!

Jackson started school today subsequently ending the longest summer of my life.  I’ve never really been a religious person and since getting Jackson’s diagnosis I think it is fair to say that I am not a big fan of the “God” everyone prays to.  However, as I drove away after dropping Jackson off at school I screamed inside my head “Thank God!  Hallelujah!  Amen!”  I am so happy Jackson is back in school.  Spending the summer trying to entertain him every day was exhausting for me and I am sure for him.  We had some fun times and did a lot of things, but I am relieved he is finally back in school where he loves to be.  Although, I didn’t even make it home (15 minutes away) before I started missing him. 
Jackson seemed to recognize where he was this morning when we dropped him off.  He was happy and smiling when his teacher came over to him.  He was still smiling when we left him and in fact didn’t even seem to notice that Mama and Papa were leaving.  When I picked him up his teacher said he had a great day and she was amazed at all the progress he made over the summer.  She was especially impressed with his sitting up all by himself.  It is fun to hear comments like that from others on how he is progressing.  Sometimes when you are with your child every day you don’t always see the things that others see.  So here’s to another great school year for Jackson.  Yay for school! 
So finally a morning all to myself.  I know you are all wondering what I did with my free 2 hours.  Let me tell you, it was fun stuff.  Unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, clean both the bathrooms, vacuumed, swept the floor, cleaned the cat box, and made about 6 phone calls.  Tedious work for some but for me it was bliss being alone in the house getting stuff done.  Again, yay for school!

No comments:

Post a Comment