Mystery Lane

Mystery Lane

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is always a time of reflection for me.  I like to think of all the things that happened the past year and take the time to appreciate how blessed I am.  This Thanksgiving is a tough one for me.  It’s the first time in my life I don’t have my Dad with me or just a phone call away on my favorite holiday.  I can’t even begin to tell you how hard that is for me.  But my Dad would tell me there wasn’t anything I could do about it and the best thing would be just to get on with my life.  So I will.  So here are the things I am thankful for this year:
1.       Kevin.  For some unknown reason this amazing man fell in love with me, married me, and now is forced to put up with me on a daily basis.  I have been in love with him for 9 years and he still gives me butterflies.  I don’t think I would have gotten through everything we have been through with Jackson without him by my side.  He’s so much stronger and better than me.  And even though I am a royal pain the ass sometimes, he stills loves me.  For that, I am immensely thankful.
2.       Jackson.  Who wouldn’t be thankful for this amazing, beautiful, funny little boy who has taught me so many lessons in the last 2 ½ years that I would have never learned with a “normal” child.  I’m thankful for his chubby cheeks that enable me to plant endless kisses on every day.  I’m thankful for his sweet cuddles, his adorable nose, his contagious laugh, and most of all the intense love he has allowed me to experience.
3.       Friends.  I put up a post about our friends a couple of weeks ago. You all know who you are.  I am soooooo thankful for you!
4.       Family.  Kevin, Jackson and I are blessed beyond words with our amazing families.  Their support, love and friendship make me thankful every day to have them in our lives.
5.       Home.  I am thankful that I have a home to come home to.  A home that has heat, food in the fridge, and love. 
6.       Darwin Rutledge.  My Dad.  I’m thankful I had him for 39 years.  I just wish I could have had him for 39 more.  I love you and miss you Dad.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and thanks for letting me share our lives with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment