Mystery Lane

Mystery Lane

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Demons

Some of you know that Jackson is currently getting his last two second molars in.  To put it mildly it has been a freaking nightmare.  They bottom right one has been coming in for like a month.  I look in his mouth every day and I can see the tooth right under the skin but the damn thing won’t pop through.  We have had days of non-stop crying and nap refusals.  Another one of those “joys of motherhood” things, right?  So last night I was watching Eat, Pray, Love with Julia Roberts.  Awesome book by the way, movie was so-so.  There was a part in the movie where Julia Roberts is standing there watching this healing guru in Bali treat a screaming baby.  His wife is standing next to Julia Roberts and she says “Child tormented by demon.”  The guru rubs something on the baby’s gums.  Julia Roberts says “It looks like teething.”  The wife looks at Julia very seriously and says “Same thing.”  I had to rewind it and watch it numerous times because I was laughing hysterically.  I agree, demons, teething, same thing.  So of course today Jackson was screaming and sticking his fingers in his mouth and I started yelling “Go away demons! Leave Jackson alone!”  Jackson looked at me briefly, gave me a funny look, then resumed his screaming.  Obviously it didn’t work, but it really made me feel better.  So if you see me sometime in the future yelling at Jackson about demons, I haven’t lost it (yet). 

No comments:

Post a Comment