Mystery Lane

Mystery Lane

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  The meaning behind it is what makes it my favorite.  A whole day once a year to reflect and celebrate what we are thankful for is priceless to me.  Here is what I am most thankful for this year:

Friends.  This last year has brought a lot my way.  There have been some pretty high highs and some pretty low lows.  But the resounding factor to those highs and lows has been the friendships that have stayed strong, begun anew, and came out of nowhere.  From our journey to foster parenting, to Jackson’s most recent medical issues, my friends have been there supporting us, giving us their time and energy, and never faltering from our side.  So to all of you, Thank You. 

Helen Keller said “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.  They must be felt with the heart.”  What my friends have given me is felt in my heart every day. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment