Mystery Lane

Mystery Lane

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Back to Life

Now that we are no longer on vacation it has been back to life for the Klim’s this week.  Jackson is back in school which of course means he got sick this week.  He managed to catch a little virus that made him throw up and have diarrhea.  Tuesday night the massive bum explosion began around 6 p.m. and lasted until 5 a.m. Wednesday.  The good thing is once he got the majority out he was the happiest kid you ever saw.  The bad thing was he was the happiest kid you ever saw, at 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 a.m.  At 3 a.m. when you are changing about your 12th diaper for the evening, things don’t seem so happy.  Mama was definitely not happy.  Another bad thing about Jackson is that when I use my stern Mommy voice, he laughs.  For some reason he thinks it’s hilarious.  Which only makes me more mad.  Which is even more funny to him.  Damn kid.  I suppose it was around 3:30 a.m. when I was completely out of my head with exhaustion that I decided I might as well join in the fun.  So we had a little picnic on the floor of his bedroom, some water and bread to help with hydration and to stop the pooping.  And we laughed, for whatever reason.  Finally around 5 a.m. he went to sleep.  I headed to bed thinking we could get finally get some sleep.  3 hours later Jackson was awake and happy again.  Needless to say Wednesday was a long day for us.  He just didn’t want to nap and all I wanted to do was nap.  We made it through the day though and Jackson was back off to school today.  Although, he was grouchy and yawning all the way to school.  Cute little bugger. 

This week I conducted my first Random Act of Kindness in honor of the Newtown victims.  I decided that the most appropriate place to start was with Jackson’s teachers, in honor of the teachers who lost their lives.  So on a cold, rainy/snowy day I surprised Jackson’s 3 teachers with hot chocolate.  It was well worth it to see them smile and thank me repeatedly.  As a former teacher, I know how hard teachers work.  I firmly believe Jackson’s teachers work a little harder since they are dealing with special needs children.  And since one of the young victims of Newtown was a child with special needs, and another victim was his aide, then it only seemed more relevant to show them an act of kindness.  Can anyone guess where I’m headed next?

No comments:

Post a Comment